15 Apr It’s Back! Our Annual Before and After Contest
We’re pleased to announce our 2nd annual Metheny Weir “Before and After” contest. Your response last year was amazing, with more than 100 wonderful entries submitted, and we’re excited to add a few changes including having awards in each of four categories:
- Cabinets (kitchen, bathroom vanities, laundry rooms, etc.),
- Furniture (all types)
- Repurposed (Using an old item in a new way)
- Non-traditional (fabric, outdoor, clothing, etc.)
The rules are simple:
- Limit of one entry per person in each category.
- Feel free to stage your piece with lighting, props, etc. We need to be able to see it to judge it!
- You must have used Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan on the piece.
- Entries will be accepted May 1 – May 31.
- Must be your own work.
Criteria for Judging:
- Creativity – imagination, originality, vision, cleverness, transformation.
- Execution – planning and quality of technique
- “WOW” Factor – jaw-dropper, impressive, head-turner
- Degree of Difficulty – steps in the process, required skill,
One winner per category will receive their choice of a $150 gift certificate or a 2-hour private workshop with Kim/Sue (priceless) and we’ll name honorable mentions as merited.