We’re pleased to announce our 2nd annual Metheny Weir “Before and After” contest. Your response last year was amazing, with more than 100 wonderful entries submitted, and we’re excited to add a few changes including having awards in each of four categories:
- Cabinets (kitchen, bathroom vanities, laundry rooms, etc.),
- Furniture (all types)
- Repurposed (Using an old item in a new way)
- Non-traditional (fabric, outdoor, clothing, etc.)
The rules are simple:
- Limit of one entry per person in each category.
- Feel free to stage your piece with lighting, props, etc. We need to be able to see it to judge it!
- You must have used Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan on the piece.
- Entries will be accepted May 1 – May 31.
- Must be your own work.
Criteria for Judging:
- Creativity – imagination, originality, vision, cleverness, transformation.
- Execution – planning and quality of technique
- “WOW” Factor – jaw-dropper, impressive, head-turner
- Degree of Difficulty – steps in the process, required skill,
One winner per category will receive their choice of a $150 gift certificate or a 2-hour private workshop with Kim/Sue (priceless) and we’ll name honorable mentions as merited.